Monday, October 9, 2006

5 Things Feminism Has Done For Me

It looks like Tyler Kinch has tagged me for the "5 Things Feminism Has Done For Me" post. So I'm going to try to answer this question without repeating what has been said.
  1. It has allowed women to enter the political sphere
    I'm not just talking about women in elected political positions, but also women behind the scenes. I have worked with a great deal of women within my constituency association, riding association, and the BC YND. These organizations would not be the way they are today without these women involved.

  2. It has allowed the women I know to pursue their dreams
    Going to a post-secondary institution, I am friends with a lot of women that have dreams, such as becoming a dentist, lawyer, Prime Minister, and nursing. There was a time where that would not be a viable choice for these women; now, because they can pursue their dreams, they are stronger for it, and by extension, so I am.

  3. It has allowed my mother to work during the week...
    ...While my father, somebody who works on a compressed full time shift during weekends, cooks supper.

  4. It has allowed women to initiate relationships
    Which takes the pressure off me.

  5. It has created a internet meme in which I have created a post on
    Okay, Okay! I'm lazy and running out of ideas at this point.

No comments: