Friday, August 11, 2006

On A More "Non-Partisan" Note...

Looking around Liblogs today I see that a Young Liberal Blogger, Vincent Riccio, is running for Thunder Bay City Council. He would probably be the youngest person running at 22 years of age.

I really can't say I know about Thunder Bay municipal politics; however I do know about municipal politics here in BC, as I am a youth serving on two municipal committees. I find that here in my city (not sure about Thunder Bay), municipal politicians are elected more on their ideas and hard work (and incumbency) then they are on any partisan affiliation.

So yes, Vincent may be on the Liberal side of things, but I still wish him luck in getting a seat on City Council (I'm keeping my fingers crossed). We need more youth involved in municipal politics. Who knows, with BC Municipal Elections two years away I may be in the same position at the same age.

Link of Interest: Vote 4 Vince

Update, as per the comments section (8/17/2006 4:35 am)
Link of Interest: Elect Vince Riccio

1 comment:

Northern BC Dipper said...

I placed your added link of interest in the main post.

The site seems to work funny with my Firefox, though, but works with my IE.